The Part-time Office Clerk reports to the Executive Director and will provide administrative support to help carry out the operations of the Canadian Federation of Library Association / Fédération Canadienne des associations de bibliothèques.
- Provides overall administrative, technology, and communications support:
- Template design and forms;
- Maintains computer files;
- Drafts, proofreads and formats documents and correspondence;
- Manages and maintains the Association’s listservs;
- Distribution of documents for translation services.
- Provides support for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Committees:
- Assembles pre-meeting packages and required documents;
- Travel arrangements for the Executive Director; and
- Other related duties.
- Coordinates membership administration and services activities.
- Maintains membership database;
- Distributes updates via e-mail and MailChimp;
- Updating website content
- Provides meetings management services.
- Travel arrangements;
- Arranges hotel, food, accommodation and meeting room logistics;
- Solid knowledge of office software (ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong organizational skills
- Service oriented
- Understanding of office administration needs
- Strong communication skills in a professional setting
The following additional knowledge and experience will be considered an asset:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Meeting Planning experience
- Website design (beyond updating content)
- Bookkeeping/accounting knowledge
- A college diploma with business related courses and two years experience, or completion of Grade 12 and five years responsible administrative experience.
- Strong and up-to-date computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience from working in e.g. customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingualism could be an asset.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with a multi-task workload.
Location and Hours
- The position is home-based on a contractual basis.
- The budget allows for 10 hours per week ideally worked at days and times that would best support the operations of an office.
- The candidate will possess all of the necessary equipment required to carry out the duties of the contract.
- The office will purchase and/or upgrade software where necessary.
Rate of Pay
$20/hour to be invoiced by the contractor.
Please apply to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday March 30, 2018.