Manitoba Libraries Conference and
Canadian Federation of Library Associations / Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques (CFLA-FCAB) National Forum
April 6-8, 2020
Delta Winnipeg Hotel, 350 St Mary Avenue
- Canadian Urban Libraries Council (CULC) Members Meeting – April 6-7
- Manitoba Libraries Conference – April 6-7
- Provincial and Territorial Public Library Council Meeting – April 7
- CFLA-FCAB National Forum – April 8 and Welcome Reception April 7
Participate with colleagues from across Canada in focused dialogues that will consider some of the most critical challenges facing libraries.
MLC 2020 April 6-7 Highlights
- Crystel Maclean-Grisdale and Eveline Grisdale of Winnipeg, Manitoba will present an Indigenous song and drum
- Julie Jurgens, librarian, singer/songwriter, storyteller, and sporadic stand up comedian from the greater Chicago area is set to deliver an amazing opening keynote,Outreach in a Time of Uprising
- Closing keynote James Favel shares his stories about serving community with the Bear Clan Patrol, Inc.
- Over 25 sessions featuring dynamic and engaging speakers from across Canada
- Over 20 exciting exhibitors with lots of swag to stuff your bag
- An all-delegates lunch with the announcement of the 2019 TD Summer Reading Club Library Award winners
CFLA-FCAB National Forum 2020 April 7-8
CFLA-FCAB invites you to join the Self-Guided Gallery Tours and Welcome Reception beginning at 5:30 pm on April 7 at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and the full day National Forum on April 8.
The National Forum program is designed to blend informative sessions with challenging roundtable conversations. It will carefully continue the discussion on how Canadian libraries can uphold the fundamental library value of intellectual freedom, while concurrently championing diversity and inclusion. The day’s outcome will be a National Forum Paper that will help inform the work of CFLA-FCAB.
Don’t delay – book your conference hotel room before March 13 to receive the discounted conference rate! Rooms can be reserved by using this special Delta link or by calling 1-888-236-2427(ask for MLC-National Forum rate). Additional travel information is available on the conference website.