Membership in CFLA-FCAB
Membership in CFLA-FCAB is available to associations, groups or corporations interested in furthering the interests of the Canadian library community.
Membership in CFLA-FCAB
An opportunity for dialogue to :
- Explore with other library colleagues issues affecting libraries in Canada, e.g., copyright, intellectual freedom, accessibility, human resource development, federal policy and regulation, open access and open government, and Indigenous matters to name a few.
- Confer in person formally and informally with the other Canadian library colleagues at the Annual General Meeting and National Forum.
- Learn about the issues challenges of other library sectors across the country.
- Contribute to the direction setting of the Federation through participation in listserv discussion, in committees, and in the regular general membership assemblies.
- Contribute to the leadership of the Federation through serving as a Board member or committee chair.
- Contribute nationally and internationally through nomination to IFLA Sections, WIPO and assistance with ALA Accreditation of Canadian LIS schools.
Engaging in nationwide activities of Federation members such as:
- Advocacy on public policy issues affecting libraries and Canadian society in general in the areas of information, access and learning
- An opportunity to collaborate with multiple library sectors across the country to help formulate policy and regulation to better support issues and programs that affect all sectors
- The sharing and translation of concepts and documents between the English and French language communities of Canadian libraries.
Membership is annual, and is renewable on the date of joining the Federation.
Membership fees are 1% of the organization’s annual operating budget with a minimum annual membership fee of $300.00 CDN. Organizations who may wish to contribute more than 1% of their operating budget are able to do so.
There is one class of membership in the Federation with full voting rights. The number of votes each member organization has is based on the following scale:
- $300.00 to $2000.00 = one (1) vote
- $2001.00 to $10,000.00 = two (2) votes
- $10,001.00 or more = three (3) votes
If you are interested in becoming a member please contact Katherine McColgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or please feel free to contact your local Board member.
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions, comments, or are interested in participating in this effort, please contact us!